Plan Melbourne refresh
The Victorian Government made a commitment to refresh Plan Melbourne to ensure it addresses climate change, housing affordability and transport priorities.
The refreshed plan builds on the extensive work and consultation underpinning Plan Melbourne 2014 and previous metropolitan strategies including Melbourne 2030 and Melbourne@5million.
The new Plan Melbourne creates a clear direction for planning and a clear vision for Melbourne and Victoria more broadly.
Read more about planning for Melbourne and our strategic planning history
Plan Melbourne's Ministerial Advisory Committee (MAC) reformed in April 2015 to review Plan Melbourne 2014. Based on the MAC's findings, a public discussion paper was launched in 2015.
Feedback from community, local government and industry stakeholders was collected via an extensive program of workshops and online consultation.
From October to December 2015, 266 participants representing 99 organisations contributed to the discussion about the Plan Melbourne refresh and 397 submissions were received.
View the reports:
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Summary of submissions report (PDF 747KB)
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Summary of submissions report (MS Word 4.4MB)
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Summary of engagement activities report (PDF 5.3MB)
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Discussion paper (PDF 6.1MB)
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Discussion paper (MS Word 188KB)
- Plan Melbourne refresh - Ministerial Advisory Committee's report (MS Word 1.9MB)
Plan Melbourne submissions
View the Plan Melbourne submissions here.